Quartz is an engineered stone created with various chunks of natural stone with colour and resins. It has become the leading countertop material of choice for kitchens all across the world. Quartz has a number of advantages over other kitchen countertop types, including being impervious to stains, acidic foods and is far more affordable. However, some quartz material is quite expensive based on its appearance, texture and durability. Although quartz is an engineered stone, it is in the highest demand, which is why it can still be priced relatively high per square foot or based on the type of quartz.
Read on to learn more about what makes a quartz material more expensive and more on the range of quartz countertop prices below.
Cost Of Quartz Countertops
The most common cost for quartz kitchen countertops ranges between $50 to $70 per square foot, excluding installation. The overall cost of quartz countertop completion ranges from as little as $2,000 to $3,900, including the materials and installation. Here is what these prices are commonly based on:
● Low-Grade Quartz: Often starts from anywhere between $50 to $60 per square foot.
● Mid-Grade Quartz: From $60 to $80 per square foot of material.
● High-Grade Quartz: Ranging from $80 to over $100 per square foot.
What Is High Grade/First Quality Level Quartz?
This type of quartz material is considered the premium of all quartz grades. This is because it comes available in a variety of rich, beautiful spectrums and any blemishes and veins on the material and virtually unnoticeable. This type of quartz slab is evidently more expensive than other grades for these reasons. Here’s an explanation of the quality of quartz and why it is important:
● Quartz Blend Ratio: The company that created the quartz manufacturing process, Breton, considers a blend of materials with at least a 90% natural stone quartz and resin. Higher quality quartz manufacturers even use natural-stone fragments as high as 93%.
● Slab Consistency: Highly established quartz brands often manufacture quartz slabs that are not only visually appealing but completely flawless. This does not mean that quartz labs with different shades are of a lower-quality, however. It is mainly based on the goal of the manufacturer and if they wanted the slab to have that design.
● Heat Resistance: Low-quality quartz often has certain flaws, which increase the risk of severe heat damage to the material. Regardless of just how durable and high-quality the quartz material is, you should never place hot pans or plates directly on top of the countertop.
iHome Cabinets & Countertops offers some of the most premium and affordable kitchen countertops and cabinets in Abbotsford. We carry Silestone quartz materials, the leader in quartz surfaces and countertops. Silestone quartz is high-grade, first quality level with a variety of colours and finishes to enhance any kitchen. Its beauty and durability are similar to natural stone but easier to maintain. To browse our Silestone quartz materials, visit our website at https://ihomecabinetsandcountertops.com/sile-stone-quartz/.